- ANNE: Taking a short-cut, Mr. Blythe?
- GILBERT: Miss Cuthbert said I could find you here. [gives her a letter] Open it.
- ANNE: [reading from letter] "We would be prepared to agree to your proposal to engage Miss Shirley under contract for one year in the post of teacher at Avonlea Public School." But that's your post?
- GILBERT: I took the liberty of speaking to the trustees about an exchange. I'll be getting Carmody and you can stay at Green Gables.
- ANNE: I don't know what to say.
- GILBERT: Don't say anything.
- ANNE: You'd have to pay for your board. You'll never save enough for college. You can't--
- GILBERT: I'll save enough. Besides, I'm keeping up my courses by correspondence.
- ANNE: So am I. Thank you, for giving up the school for me, Gilbert. It's very good of you and I want you to know that I appreciate it.
- GILBERT: I figure you can give me help with my work, and I'll call it a fair exchange.
- ANNE: Aren't you worried I'm liable to break another slate over your head?
- GILBERT: I'm more worried I might break one over yours, Carrots. I'll walk you home.
“I don’t want sunburts or marble halls.. I just want you.”
- Anne of Green Gables” —(via tinygingerdancer)
I’ve finally decided to start a tumblr dedicated to the Anne of Green Gables series. I’ve been looking for one since I joined, but no luck. So, why not do it myself? I have loved reading the series ever since I first read it. I have read the entire series numerous times, and I have seen all the movies.
Here’s to Anne with an “E!”